For the last few years social media has been “the next big thing”. The universal panacea. We are not sure whether the stratospheric returns that have been promised are coming, but we do know for sure that businesses who care about their customers can’t afford to ignore social media. Most large customer care organisations have a VIP team to look after celebrities, opinion formers, broadcasters and reporters. Well, guess what? In our social world, everyone is now a reporter!
Social media strategy will not cure an underlying issue with your customer experience but it will allow you to capture some of your most damaging complaints and to convert more customers from sceptics into fans. Even if all your traditional processes are perfect do you know how important social media is to your business?
- half of social media users have attempted customer care through social media
- almost half of those that do expect a response within 60 minutes
- almost half of those were pleased when their negative comment was responded to
- a quarter posted a positive comment about the organization
- typically one negative comment outweighs the impact of 5 positive comments.
You just can’t afford to get it wrong and we will help you build your social media strategy from channel selection and workforce planning right through to customer resolution and follow up.